How to Cook Perfect Plum Cake
You can have Plum Cake using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Plum Cake
- You need 1 cup of organic whole wheat flour or gluten free baking mix.
- It's 1 tsp. of Baking powder.
- It's Pinch of salt.
- It's 1 cup of organic cane sugar.
- You need 1/2 of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of Fresh lemon juice.
- You need 1/4 cup of plain yogurt.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 tbsp. of Pure vanilla extract.
- It's 2 tbsp. of Cinnamon sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of Lemon zest.
- Prepare 7-8 of big plums, halved and pitted.
Plum Cake step by step
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- In the large bowl, cream butter and sugar with electric mixer until fluffy and light..
- Add the eggs, one at the time and scraping down the bowl.
- Add lemon juice and mix until combined.
- Add yogurt and dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- Spoon batter into slightly greased 9-inch springform pan and smooth the top..
- Arrange plums, skin side up, all over the batter. Sprinkle top with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake until cake is golden and a toothpick inserted into a center of the cake comes out dry, about 50-55 min.
- Let cake completely cool down before serving.