Easiest Way to Prepare Yummy Fruit Pastry Cake
Fruit Pastry Cake.
You can cook Fruit Pastry Cake using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fruit Pastry Cake
- You need 100 gr of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 160 gr of castor sugar.
- You need 50 gr of plain yogurt/sour cream.
- You need 3 of large eggs.
- It's 200 gr of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 10 gr of milk powder.
- It's 1 of sdt baking powder.
- It's 1 of sdt vanilla extract.
- It's of lemon zest from 1 whole lemon.
- It's 500 gr of fresh fruits, chunked or sliced, (tossed with 2 tbsp of sugar - optional).
Fruit Pastry Cake step by step
- Grease and flour the sides of 8” square pan and line the base with parchment paper..
- Preheat oven to 350 F..
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and milk powder. Set aside..
- Beat butter, sugar, and yogurt/sour cream until light and fluffy..
- Mix in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition..
- Mix in the lemon zest and vanilla extract, then gradually fold in the dry ingredients..
- Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth out the top with a spatula..
- Arrange fruits on top as desired. Do not press the fruits down into the butter..
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the cake. Cover the top with aluminum foil for the last 15 minutes of baking to prevent the top from over browned..
- Leave the cake to cool in the pan for 5 - 10 minutes. Take the cake out of the pan and transfer to wire rack to let cool completely. Dust the cake with some icing sugar if desired..