Easiest Way to Cook Tasty *Easy* Spicy Stewed Chickpea Bowl #Vegetarian
*Easy* Spicy Stewed Chickpea Bowl #Vegetarian.
You can have *Easy* Spicy Stewed Chickpea Bowl #Vegetarian using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of *Easy* Spicy Stewed Chickpea Bowl #Vegetarian
- You need of Drained and rinsed can of chickpeas.
- It's 1/2 cup of white onion.
- It's 1/2 cup of peppers (any color).
- You need 1/2 cup of vegetable stock.
- It's of Small jar of tomato sauce or half of a regular sized jar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
- It's 1 tbsp of salt.
- You need 2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground red pepper.
- You need 2 tsp of Garam Masala powder (optional).
- You need 1.5 Oz of seamoss gel (optional).
- You need of Any vegetable and any rice you want.
*Easy* Spicy Stewed Chickpea Bowl #Vegetarian instructions
- Small dice onions and pepper.
- If making rice and veggies, make before you start the stewed chickpeas so everything is complete at the same time -roast veggies in olive oil, salt and pepper on 380F for about 10-20 min depending on type of veg or until roasted (Brussels take about 10-12 min)(cabbage pictured was sautéed over the stove with onions and 1/4 cup of veggie stock) - make rice cook in veggie stock for more flavor !!.
- Add 2 tsp of oil to a pot or sauce pan medium heat.
- Add peppers and onions sauté about 2-3 mins on medium heat.
- Add spices to onions and peppers then after a min add the drained/rinsed chickpeas.
- Fold chickpeas with spiced onions and peppers.
- Once evenly coated add vegetable stock to deglaze the pot. Veggie stock will start to boil..
- Add tomato sauce after a few mins add the heavy cream. (To make it vegan, omit the heavy cream step) Add seamoss at this time if you want.
- Let simmer on low for about 10 mins. Add more salt of more of any of the spices used for a stronger taste. I added more salt and pepper along with garam Masala.
- Stewed Chickpeas are now done. You can simmer for longer if you want but it’s fine after about 10-12 mins. Enjoy.