Christmas Fruit Cake.
You can have Christmas Fruit Cake using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Christmas Fruit Cake
- You need 1 cup of light brown sugar.
- It's 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of or 55 grams butter, diced.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground cloves.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground ginger.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It's 2 cups of seedless raisins.
- It's 2 of large eggs, lightly beaten.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract.
Christmas Fruit Cake step by step
- Grease your loaf pan with cooking spray or butter, Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C)..
- In a large saucepan or sizeable pot, over medium heat, bring to a boil the sugar, water, butter, spices, and raisins; boil for five minutes, then remove from heat, and let cool till lukewarm..
- Stir into this mixture the lightly beaten eggs, flour, baking soda, vanilla extract and candied fruit..
- Pour into your prepared loaf pan and bake for 50 - 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean..
- Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack. Cover and store, if possible, for a few days before serving or serve almost immediately if you can't wait..