Greek Almond Christmas Cookies.
You can have Greek Almond Christmas Cookies using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Greek Almond Christmas Cookies
- Prepare 1 cup of Butter room temperature.
- It's 1 of Egg Yolk.
- You need 600 grams of All Purpose Flouer.
- Prepare 2 of powdered Vanilla or 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract.
- It's 180 grams of Roasted Almonds or Walnuts chopped…(we prefer Almonds).
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Baking Powder.
- You need 30 grams of Cognac.
- You need 3/4 of Sugar Powder & extra for coating.
Greek Almond Christmas Cookies step by step
- In a small pan add just a bit of butter and roast the almonds until they become crunchy and brown. Once the almonds are done set them aside..
- In a large bowl beat bowl and powdered sugar until combined..
- Beat in the egg yolk, vanilla..
- Slowly start to add in the flour and cognac and continue to beat..
- Continue by adding the almonds, or walnuts which ever you prefer and combine with hands..
- This becomes a dough mix..
- Coat with the extra Powder Sugar it should cover the cookies as shown in the picture above. I have posted a black and white picture of the featured image on Instagram: foodzesty Merry Christmas!! Kala Xristougenna!!.