Recipe: Yummy Upstate NY Buttermilk Pound Cake
Upstate NY Buttermilk Pound Cake.
You can cook Upstate NY Buttermilk Pound Cake using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Upstate NY Buttermilk Pound Cake
- It's 3 cups of sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of shortening.
- Prepare 5 of large eggs.
- It's 3 cups of flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- You need 1 tsp. of baking soda.
- You need 1 cup of buttermilk (may substitute sour milk).
- Prepare 1 tsp. of vanilla.
- It's 1 tsp. of lemon extract.
Upstate NY Buttermilk Pound Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F..
- Grease and flour 2 bread pans (or a Bundt pan)..
- Cream together sugar and shortening with an electric mixer..
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition..
- In a separate bowl combine flour, salt, and baking soda..
- Add the flour mixture alternatively with buttermilk until all are used and mixed gently together. Be VERY careful not to overbeat..
- Gently fold in vanilla and lemon extract..
- Pour into prepared pans and bake approximately 60 minutes until done..