Recipe: Perfect Trinidad inspired vegetarian roti
Trinidad inspired vegetarian roti.
You can cook Trinidad inspired vegetarian roti using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Trinidad inspired vegetarian roti
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of coconut oil.
- It's 1 of small red onion, thickly sliced.
- Prepare 1 of thumb fresh ginger, grated.
- Prepare 1 of small cauliflower head, in small florets.
- Prepare 2 cup of green beans, cut in 1" pieces.
- You need to taste of fresh ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 jar of mango curry sauce (I've used VH brand).
- Prepare to taste of hot sauce (I've used Heartbraking Dawns "Cauterizer").
- It's of Hot water.
- It's 1 can of chickpeas, rinced.
- It's 1 cup of fresh cilantro leafs.
- You need 4-5 of whole wheat large tortillas.
Trinidad inspired vegetarian roti instructions
- In a deep sauce pan, heat up the oil at medium/high and stir in the onion and the ginger for a couple of minutes..
- Reduce heat to medium, add in the veggies, fresh ground black pepper and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, stiring constantly..
- Reduce heat to low, add in the sauce and stir well..
- Rinse the sauce jar with hot water, filling it by half and shaking it. Pour water in pan and stir well..
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stiring often..
- Add in the hot sauce, chickpeas and cilantro leafs, mix well and warm up covered for another 15 minutes..
- Put mixture in the center of the tortillas, making a square shape, leaving plenty of tortillas all around..
- Fold all four sides of the tortillas, making a sealed enveloppe..
- Grill the pouches in non-stick pan on both sides till they get golden brown and crispy. You don't need to add any oil or grease to the pan to achieve this..
- Serve hot and enjoy!.