Recipe: Perfect Rice Croquette (Vegetarian)
Rice Croquette (Vegetarian).
You can cook Rice Croquette (Vegetarian) using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Rice Croquette (Vegetarian)
- You need 3 cups of Steamed Rice.
- You need 3 Tbsp. of Flour (total).
- You need 1 Tbsp. of Butter or Margarine.
- Prepare 1 cup of Milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of Shredded Cheese (any kind).
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It's 1/2 cup of Bread Crumbs.
- You need of Vegetable Oil for frying.
- It's of Salt and Pepper.
- Prepare of Onion Powder, Garlic Powder (to taste).
- It's of Tomato Sauce (for final presentation to taste).
Rice Croquette (Vegetarian) step by step
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt 1 Tbsp. of butter or margarine. Add 1 Tbsp. of flour and stir until the butter and flour are well combined..
- Pour in 1 cup of milk, stirring constantly as it thickens. Season with some salt and pepper. Set aside..
- In a bowl, combine 3 cups of steamed rice, the white sauce and 1 cup of shredded cheese, and Mix well. Season to taste with some onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper..
- Form the rice mixture into a golf ball-size. (If the mixture is too soft to form, cool it down in the refrigerator.).
- First flour the ball in 2 Tbsp. of flour. Then dip it in 2 whisked eggs Then press it into ½ cup of bread crumbs. Tap off excess. Repeat with the remaining rice mixture..
- Pour about 3 inches of vegetable oil into a skillet and heat the oil over medium heat. (Drop a small solid bit of some bread crumbs into the oil to check that the oil is hot enough. If the bread crumbs float with bubbles, the oil is ready.).
- Add the balls to the oil 3 or 4 pieces at a time. Fry for 1 minute on each side. Repeat with the remaining rice ball..
- Drain on a metal rack. (This makes the croquette texture crunchy.).