How To Prep Perfect 🍍🍰Pineapple Trifle🍰🍍
You can have 🍍🍰Pineapple Trifle🍰🍍 using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of 🍍🍰Pineapple Trifle🍰🍍
- Prepare of Sponge cake (sponge fingers or Swiss Roll, for example).
- Prepare 1 tin of pineapple chunks or (mandarin orange segments,for example).
- You need 400 ml of cold thick custard (readymade or made from powder).
- Prepare 300 g of thick cream or crème fraiche.
- You need 400 ml of pineapple jelly.
🍍🍰Pineapple Trifle🍰🍍 instructions
- Place a layer of sponge cake in the base of a dish. Make the pineapple jelly according to the instructions on the packet and pour the hot jelly over the sponge – just enough to cover it..
- Press the pineapple chunks into the sponge to make a layer of pineapple chunks. Pour on enough jelly to just cover the fruit and pour the remaining jelly into a small bowl. Now allow the jelly to set..
- Pour the cold custard onto the jelly base and spread it out evenly. Spread a layer of cream onto the custard. Whip the leftover jelly and use it to decorate the top of the trifle together with pieces of pineapple. Place the trifle in the ‘fridge to chill..
- #Tips Just people asking if they need to let the jelly set before adding the custard. The answer is YES! If you don’t let it set the sponge and fruit start floating around and you end up with a bizarre mess. Plan ahead! To make thick custard from custard powder, double the amount of custard powder for the amount of milk that you would normally use. You CANNOT use fresh pineapple in this dish because the enzymes in the fruit prevent the jelly from setting. You have been warned..