Easiest Way to Prep Diet Gingerbread cookies
Gingerbread cookies. This classic cut-out gingerbread cookie recipe is easy to make, perfect for decorating, and always so delicious. Gingerbread cookie recipes all start the same and mine comes from my mom. To her recipe, I add a little more molasses and increase the amount of spice favors.
Bust out your cookie cutter and make this classic Christmas treat! You can cut them into gingerbread men or use. At the holidays, gingerbread cookies are a dessert staple. You can have Gingerbread cookies using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Gingerbread cookies
- Prepare 3 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 3/4 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ground ginger.
- It's 1 3/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It's 1/4 tsp of ground cloved.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- You need 3/4 cup of dark brown sugar.
- You need 1 large of egg.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of molasses.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
These crispy cookies are full of delicious spices that give them a distinctive flavor. While there is quite a bit of prep work involved in making. Whether or not you actually like gingerbread cookies is kinda irrelevant. You make them every single year because they make people happy.
Gingerbread cookies step by step
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare baking sheets by spraying with cooking spray or lining with parchment paper.
- In small bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon and cloves until well blended..
- In a large bowl beat butter, brown sugar and egg on medium speed until well blended..
- Gradually stir in dry ingredients until blended and smooth.
- Divide dough in half and wrap each half in plastic and let stand at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Place one portion of dough on a lightly floured surface.
- Sprinkle flour over dough and rolling pin.
- Roll dough to scant 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut out cookies with desired cookie cutter.
- Space cookies 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake for 7 to 10 minutes. The lower time will give softer cookies.
- After cookies cool you can decorate them any way you like..
And because they're so damn adorable. These holiday gingerbread cookies are filled with sugar, spice and everything nice. Win your Christmas cookie swap by making one of these festive treats. Kids can help make these Gingerbread Cookies. The dough can be cut into any of their favorite holiday-themed shapes and decorated.