Recipes: Yummy Gingerbread cookies
Gingerbread cookies. This classic cut-out gingerbread cookie recipe is easy to make, perfect for decorating, and always so delicious. Gingerbread cookie recipes all start the same and mine comes from my mom. To her recipe, I add a little more molasses and increase the amount of spice favors.
Bust out your cookie cutter and make this classic Christmas treat! You can cut them into gingerbread men or use. At the holidays, gingerbread cookies are a dessert staple. You can cook Gingerbread cookies using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Gingerbread cookies
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- It's 1 of egg.
- You need 2 teaspoons of ground ginger.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- It's 3/4 teaspoons of ground cinnamon.
- It's 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need of Filling:.
- Prepare 2 cups of powdered sugar.
- It's 2 tablespoons of butter.
- You need 2 tablespoons of milk (or more).
These crispy cookies are full of delicious spices that give them a distinctive flavor. While there is quite a bit of prep work involved in making. Whether or not you actually like gingerbread cookies is kinda irrelevant. You make them every single year because they make people happy.
Gingerbread cookies instructions
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Roll into 1 1 /2 inch balls, Then roll in sugar. Place 2 inches apart on parchment lined baking sheets. Bake at 350°F for 10 to 12 minutes or until puffy and lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool..
- Filling: place all ingredients in a medium size bowl and beat with a wooden spoon until smooth. Add more milk as needed. Frost cookies (once cooled off,) and enjoy!🙂.
And because they're so damn adorable. These holiday gingerbread cookies are filled with sugar, spice and everything nice. Win your Christmas cookie swap by making one of these festive treats. Kids can help make these Gingerbread Cookies. The dough can be cut into any of their favorite holiday-themed shapes and decorated.