Christmas plum cake. Loaded with dry fruits and enhanced with goodness of spices is this cake all about! We bring you this perfect recipe of this eggless plum cake/ fruit cake. Their plum cake is very popular and they make thousands at this time of the year.
Find christmas plum cake stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection. Rich Plum cake is the ultimate Christmas cake, bursting with goodness of rum soaked dry fruits. Kerala Christmas Fruit Cake Recipe, Kerala Christmas Plum Cake Recipe, Kerala Christmas Cake. You can cook Christmas plum cake using 24 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Christmas plum cake
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Flour/ maidha.
- Prepare 1 of tspn Baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 of tspn Baking soda.
- It's 3 of Eggs.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Salt.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Flavourless vegetable Oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Powdered sugar.
- You need 1/2 of tspn fresh Orange zest.
- You need 1 of tspn Vanilla essence.
- It's 2 of cloves.
- It's 1/4 cup of Cashews.
- Prepare of Spices.
- It's 1/2 of tspn fresh Nutmeg powder.
- It's 1/2 of tspn cinnamon powder.
- It's 1/2 of tspn cardamom powder.
- You need of For soaking dry fruits.
- You need 1 cup of mixed fruit / grape /orange juice.
- It's 1/4 cup of Black Raisins.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Dates(pitted).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Tutti frutti.
- It's 1/4 cup of Cherries.
- You need of Sugar syrup.
- You need 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- You need 1 cup of hot boiling Water.
What excites us most about winters are the festivities in the air. Christmas is almost here and people across the world are gearing up for the merry celebrations, followed by the big night of New Year's eve. Christmas is all about relishing fruitcakes and out of all the variants, the plum cake is the most preferred type! This Plum cake is a recipe I have been following for years and is now a foolproof recipe that I turn to every Christmas.
Christmas plum cake step by step
- Cut the dates and cherries. Soak them in fruit juice(I've used store bought mixed fruit juice) with rasins and tutti frutti for minimum half an hour or overnight..
- In a heavy bottomed pan, add sugar. Once sugar starts to melt lower flame and caramelize to get nice brown color(Do not burn the sugar). Add hot boiling water. (Move far while pouring as it splutters). Reduce this to get ½ cup sugar syrup. Keep aside to cool..
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks in two different mixing bowls..
- Beat the egg whites with an electric beater gradually increasing speed till fluffy and stiff peaks are formed. Add a pinch of salt while beating. Keep aside..
- Now beat the egg yolks in a separate mixing bowl..
- Powder sugar with 2 cloves and add to the egg yolks and beat in high speed till creamy..
- Add oil to the egg yolks mix. Beat. Now grate and add orange zest (taking care not to grate the white part as it gives a bitter taste) followed by vanilla essence. Beat again..
- Next add the ½ cup caramelized sugar syrup and continue beating..
- Now place a sieve over this and add flour, baking powder, baking soda and spices. Mix gently with a spatula using cut and fold method in same direction..
- Strain the dry fruits and add to the batter (without juice). Dust the cashews with some flour and add it to the batter and mix using cut and fold method..
- Now take the beaten eggwhits and add it to cake batter in 3 batches. Fold gently with spatula as previous step..
- Pour into a greased and dusted cake tray and top it with cashews..
- Bake at 180°C in a preheated oven for 45 min placing in the middle rack. Check with toothpick. If it comes out clean the cake is done or keep for 10 more minutes..
- Cool completely on a wire rack and then remove from cake pan. Slice and enjoy!.
For best results, make it in advance and store it in a dark cool place for the flavours. Soaking of Fruits: Wash and Soak all the dry fruits properly and leave in sunlight a whole day to dry up. Similar Recipe Chocolate Plum Cake Eggless Fruit Cake Microwave Fruit Cake. I want to try plum cake recipe for this Christmas. Plum Cake Christmas without plum cake is just like christmas without santa.