Christmas Butter Cookies (Xristougeniatika Mbiskota Boutirou).
You can cook Christmas Butter Cookies (Xristougeniatika Mbiskota Boutirou) using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Christmas Butter Cookies (Xristougeniatika Mbiskota Boutirou)
- It's 2 1/3 of All Purpose Flour.
- It's 1/4 teaspoon of Salt.
- It's 1 cup of softened Butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of Crystal fine Sugar.
- You need 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of Vanilla Extract.
- You need of Sprinkles.
- You need of Sugar Powder.
- It's of Glaze/Icing.
Christmas Butter Cookies (Xristougeniatika Mbiskota Boutirou) instructions
- In a bowl combine flour and salt and set aside for later use..
- Add butter and sugar into a mixer and beat until fluffy. Add in the egg and the vanilla extract and continue to beat..
- Slowly add the flour mixture into the butter batter and beat until it becomes dough..
- Wrap dough in a large piece of plastic wrap, then place it in the refrigerator for at least one hour. This way the dough is hardened and it is easier to roll out..
- Roll out dough. Use any cookie cutter that you have on hand..
- I have star cookie cutters 🙂 Bake on medium to high for 20 minutes..
- Once cookies are baked lay on a rack to cool off before starting topping process. My chocolate/white icing did not turn out like I wanted it too, so I used sugar powder for most of my cookies as topping. This recipe makes about 25 cookies…..:) Kali Orexi!!! 🙂.