Recipes: Healthy Cantaloupe Granita
Cantaloupe Granita. Preparation Purée all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Be the first to rate & review! Cantaloupe Granita. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.
Catherine Smart shows us a refreshing dessert-- cantaloupe granita with lime. Video by Taylor de Lench and Alex Lancial Cantaloupes are very nutritious fruits that act as a natural diuretic. You can cook Cantaloupe Granita using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cantaloupe Granita
- It's 4 cups of peeled and coarsely chopped cantaloupe (about 1 whole medium melon).
- It's 1/2 cup of sugar (or so, to taste).
- It's 1 pinch of kosher salt (up to 1/8 teaspoon).
- It's 1-2 Tablespoons of lemon or lime juice.
- It's 2 cups of ice cubes.
A true fresh cantaloupe flavor makes this granita deliciously refreshing. Purée cantaloupe in processor; transfer to large bowl. Add remaining ingredients; stir to dissolve sugar. Run tines of fork across surface of granita to form icy flakes.
Cantaloupe Granita step by step
- Puree all ingredients in a blender until smooth. I like to do this in 2 batches, halving the amounts for each batch, so I don't overcrowd the blender cup..
- Pour mixture into a freezer safe 9 x 13 dish (baking dish or Pyrex work) and place in the freezer uncovered..
- Stir the mixture every 30 minutes as the crystals form, for 3.5 to 4 hours, making sure to scrape down the sides and mix that portion in as well. When the granita is completely crystallized (there is no mixture pooling on the sides uncrystallized), it is ready to serve. You don't want to keep stirring at this point because you might break the crystals down too fine and create blocks. You can keep the granita in the freezer in this state for up to 2 hours before serving..
- Spoon into your serving dish, garnish as desired, and enjoy! :).
Add cubed cantaloupe chunks, lemon juice and zest to a food processor and puree until smooth. Cantaloupe-Basil Granita is a refreshing treat to have on hand to help wrap up the summer season. Cantaloupe-Basil Granita is definitely refreshing, and the pop of earthy basil adds a fun touch. Make the granita base In a food processor, combine the cantaloupe, lemon juice and sugar syrup. I love granita, in my opinion it is a guilt free icecream.