Recipes: Delicious Christmas cake
Christmas cake. Christmas cake is a type of cake, often fruitcake, served at Christmas time in many countries. Christmas cake is an English tradition that began as plum porridge. Christmas cake recipes from all your favourite BBC Chefs Mary Berry, Delia Smith, Frances Quinn, The Hairy Bikers and many more.
We've made lots of Christmas cake recipes over the years. From chocolate and cherry to gin and tea - here are our favourites. Rich cheesecakes, old-fashioned fruitcakes, gingerbread, and red velvet cake. You can cook Christmas cake using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Christmas cake
- You need 2 cups of Flour (I used 50:50, Whole Wheat Flour: All Purpose Flour).
- You need 1 cup of orange juice.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Dried Red Cranberries.
- It's 1/4 cup of Dried Chopped Apricot Handful of black raisins.
- It's 1/2 cup of mixed nuts (cashews, almonds and walnuts).
- Prepare 3/4 cup of brown or cane sugar Powdered.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of melted butter.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Vanilla custard powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Baking Soda.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Vanilla Essence.
- It's 1 pinch of salt.
My second Christmas cake for this year. The cake was inspired by some old Christmas cards that I have at home. I copied the design on the baubles from actual baubles that I have hanging on my. This Christmas cake decorating playlist includes all my Christmas ideas and video tutorials, old and new.
Christmas cake instructions
- Soak all the nuts and berries in orange juice for 3-4 hours.
- Mix sugar and butter in a blender.
- Mix orange juice to it.
- Sieve the dry ingredients and slowly add to the wet ingredients with the help of a spatula.
- Add vanilla essence to this mix and pour in the greased tin.
- Tap it on the counter to release the air bubbles.
- Place the baking tin in the preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Do the skewer test.
- Let it cool on the wire rack.
- Enjoy the eggless alcohol free Christmas cake.
Find christmas cake stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection. Thousands of new, high-quality pictures added every day. Thus, "Christmas Cake" is used as a metaphor term for a woman rendered unmarriageable because she is past the freshness of her youth; roughly equivalent to "Old Maid." Christmas Cake Recipes. Save a slice for Santa because with these recipes for gingerbread, mint-chocolate and so much more, Betty's got a celebration cake everyone will adore! To make a Christmas cake, start by chopping almonds.