Recipes: Delicious ~Bizcochos~mexican wedding cookie
~Bizcochos~mexican wedding cookie. Be the first to review this recipe. I got some of these cookies at a Christmas cookie exchange several years ago. I have made Mexican Wedding Cookies for more than half my life.
Mexican wedding cookies go by various names, including "Mexican wedding cakes." Whatever the name, you know the cookie: soft, tender, nutty, and coated in powdered sugar. It's a crowd-pleaser that can be made with any type of nut. The recipe is a Yummly original created by Saura Madani. You can have ~Bizcochos~mexican wedding cookie using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of ~Bizcochos~mexican wedding cookie
- It's 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of lard.
- It's 1 cup of unsalted softened butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- It's 1 tbsp of anaise seed.
- It's 2 of egg yolks.
- You need 1 cup of sweet wine or cooking sherry.
- It's 3 cup of flour.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need of dusting.
- It's 2 cup of powder sugar.
It IS really good~ I gave a cookie to a couple of friends, and my student advisor, and got really good comments on them. Unlike other recipes for similar cookies, this one calls for the cookies to be rolled in confectioners' sugar once cooled; if they're still warm, the coating will get sticky. Mexican Wedding Cookies are commonly served at Christmas time and through the winter months. However, these nutty, buttery sugary cookie can be consumed and enjoyed at any time of the year, and are… Mexican Wedding Cookies Recipe.
~Bizcochos~mexican wedding cookie step by step
- preheat oven 350.
- start by creamin your lard and butter together till lighter and fluffy.add sugar, egg yolk, vanilla and beat well..
- to wet mix add flour, cinnamon, anaise & baking powder mix well.Slowly incorporate wine..
- once your dough is ready lightly flour counter and roll out dough to 1/2 inch thick.cut desired shapes..
- bake 15 minutes. as soon as they come out of oven dust in powder sugar.ENJOY.. this is my family recipe from texas..
- Note: you can substitute the wine for fruit juice such as oj or pineapple juice.
- and the original recipe calls for all lard but I like it with half butter half lard gives that flaky yummy cookie...
Some years ago, when my son was still in elementary school and before we started homeschooling, we always used to bake these cookies for his teachers, and for our neighbors around Christmas time. Now he's a young man and those days of cookie-baking together. You just can't go wrong with these cookies. Bizcochos are sweet and flavorful; they can be plain or covered with either chocolate or sugar, and even have sweet fillings such as: chocolate, cream MexGrocer.com strives to bring you the finest pastries in Mexico, from the best brands and bakeries available: Bimbo, El Molino and Galletas Gabi. Estas galletas de Navidad (polvorones) son populares y obtuvieron su nombre por ser servidas en las bodas tradicionales de México.