Recipe: Perfect Vegetarian Matzo Ball Soup
Vegetarian Matzo Ball Soup.
You can cook Vegetarian Matzo Ball Soup using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegetarian Matzo Ball Soup
- It's 4 of eggs.
- You need 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- It's 1 cup of matzo meal.
- Prepare 1/4 c of seltzer or club soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sea salt.
- You need 3 of medium carrots, peeled and sliced thin.
- Prepare 1 (32 oz) of carton + 1 14 oz can of Swanson's vegetable stock.
- You need 1 c of fresh parsley, chopped.
Vegetarian Matzo Ball Soup instructions
- Mix eggs well until pale in color. Add olive oil, mix well. Add matzo meal and mix lightly to incorporate. Add seltzer or club water and salt. Mix lightly until a firm dough forms..
- Refrigerate matzo ball dough for at least 30 minutes..
- Heat vegetable stock in a medium stock pot on med high. Add carrots and cook 10 minutes on a low boil..
- Form matzo ball mix in 2 inch balls with hands moistened with cold water. Drop in the stock and boil covered on med heat for 30 minutes. You should have 12 matzo balls. Check every 10 minutes and add water if stock evaporates. Add parsley 10 minutes before cooking is complete..