Punkin pie bread pudding (I). Pumpkin pie and bread pudding become a dynamic duo in this delicious dessert. I put this together on a whim and loved it. Taste is more comforting than sweet.
I can't believe October is nearly over and I haven't made one single recipe with pumpkin in it! (What kind of blogger am I? Ha ha…) The weather has not been very cool. This smooth and creamy, golden-orange bread pudding gets rave reviews from all of our taste testers here at King Arthur. You can cook Punkin pie bread pudding (I) using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Punkin pie bread pudding (I)
- Prepare 6 of large eggs.
- You need 15 oz of pumpkin puree.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of vanilla extra.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground ginger.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ground cloves.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of ground cloves.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg.
- You need of nonstick cooking spray, for greasing.
- Prepare 2 loaves of brioche bread, cut into 3/4 in (2 cm) cubes.
- It's of toasted pecans, chopped, for garnish.
- Prepare of ginger, candied, minced, for garnish whipped cream, ice scream, for serving.
It's a great change-of-pace autumn dessert (think Thanksgiving). How to make Pumpkin Pie Bread Pudding. Spread crescent dough sheet to cover the bottom of a large baking dish. Fill baking dish with bread chunks and press down to fit.
Punkin pie bread pudding (I) instructions
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin puree, granulated sugar, brown sugar, cream, vanilla, milk, and salt. Whisk until smooth. Add the cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg, and whisk to incorporate. Set aside..
- Lightly grease a 9x13-inch (22x33 cm) baking dish with nonstick spray. Add the cubed bread to the dish in an even layer, then pour the pumpkin mixture on top. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes, or for up to 24 hours in the refrigerator, to let the bread to soak up the liquid..
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Just before baking, toss the bread cubes to redistribute the liquid..
- Cover and bake for about 30 minutes, then remove the lid and bake for another 30 minutes, until the pudding is set and beginning to brown..
- Top with the pecans and candied ginger. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream. Enjoy!.
- Notes- I was lucky to find this on sale, and it was perfect was a little harder in some spots, like using day old cut bread. I wrapped it up and stuck it in the refrigerator, checking so often, I made this in the morning, an let it sit in the refrigerator till I was ready to cook it for dessert after dinner. I did press down on it as well from time to time..
I made a few of my own adaptations to this, using only milk and no cream (to me, it makes no difference to me in dishes like this, so I figure I'll give my arteries a break), and doubling almost all of the spices. FOR THE PUDDING, place cubed bread in greased crockpot. Stir in sugar, butter, raisins, pie filling, cinnamon & nutmeg. Pour pumpkin mixture over bread & stir. Special Diet Notes: Pumpkin Pie Bread Pudding.