Christmas fruit cake. This fruit cake is a simpler and easier version of making a traditional fruit cake or old-fashioned fruit cake. Hope you will make this fruit cake for this christmas. It's a shame that fruitcake as a species gets such a bad rap.
These twists on the Christmas classic will. See more ideas about fruit cake christmas, fruitcake recipes, fruit cake. Moist Christmas Fruit Cake - super flavorful fruit cake recipe that is moist and sure to please this holiday season, get the recipe. You can have Christmas fruit cake using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Christmas fruit cake
- Prepare 1/2 of -kg mixed raisins and sultanas.
- It's 1 cup of glace cherries (green and red).
- You need 1/2 of -cup mixed dried peels.
- Prepare 3/4 of -cup brandy.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/4 of -kg butter or margarine.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- You need 1 1/2 of - cups plain flour.
- It's 1/2 cup of self-raising flour.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ground cinnamon and ground nutmeg mix.
The fruits get soaked in the hot water and turn soft. How to make eggless christmas fruit cake. A classic Christmas fruit cake, the English style is indeed a nice kind of cake to have for the holidays. If it wasn't this huge drawback of having to make it so much in advance and then think about wrapping.
Christmas fruit cake step by step
- 1. In a bowl, mix the raisins, sultanas, cherries and mixed peel with brandy. Cover and set aside for three hours at room temperature..
- Pre-heat the oven to Gas mark 3. Prepare a cake tin by greasing and dusting lightly with flour or by lining it with parchment..
- Cream the sugar and butter/margarine in a bowl until light and creamy. Beat in the eggs gradually. Place in a large mixing bowl. Add the fruits and brandy mixture. Gently fold in the flour and spices..
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin. Place in the oven and bake for three hours or until it is firm to the touch and golden brown. Allow it to cool completely in the cake tin before turning it out. Slice and serve with a dollop of fresh cream..
- COOKING TIPS: -Using unsalted butter gives your cake a professional taste. -The Christmas fruit cake can be stored for up to 3 months. -Do not over beat the ingredients at any stage, to prevent the cake from becoming rubbery..
- Facebook: Irene Njoroge cooking tips.
Similar Recipe Chocolate Plum Cake Eggless Fruit Cake Microwave Fruit Cake. hi Aarthi how r u and ur kutti darling… i have one doubt i wanna try ur Christmas Fruit Cake Recipe but my doubt is. A Christmas fruit cake is of course all about the fruit, the flour and butter only help to bind the fruits and nuts and hold them into a shape. Select the best quality available, with a mix of fruit of different. Vegan Christmas cake - a rich, moist and boozy vegan fruit cake that is perfect for the festive Fruit cake is a bit of a divisive one; I know that a lot of people aren't keen on it, but I absolutely love it and. Fruit cake with step by step photos.