Shortcut Thumbprint Cookies. Raspberry Almond Shortbread Thumbprint Cookies - These are simply delicious and they definitely need to find a place on your holiday cookie tray! Easy Thumbprint Cookies - These cookies are a classic holiday favorite and they are so easy to make! Get step by step instructions with tips on how to make perfect thumbprint cookies.
These Thumbprint Cookies are perfect for the holidays or any occasion! I filled these cookies with strawberry and apricot jam, but you can fill them with just about any flavor. To make "thumbprint" cookies, you literally place a thumbprint into each individual cookie and fill the indentation with jam. You can have Shortcut Thumbprint Cookies using 4 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shortcut Thumbprint Cookies
- You need 1 (30 oz) of tube refrigerated sugar cookie dough.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 of jam of your choice- i like Smuckers red rasberry.
- You need of optional: 1 1/2 tsp Almond extract...so yummy!.
The coconut in this recipe gives the cookies a wonderful crunch and sweetness. Thumbprint cookies are also perfect for any party or get together since people can customize These cookies freeze best unbaked and unfilled. Prepare the rounds of cookie dough and press with your. These THUMBPRINT COOKIES are the perfect holiday cookies.
Shortcut Thumbprint Cookies step by step
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix flour gradually to cookie dough, kneed to mix.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls, place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Make indentention in each cookie using back end of wooden spoon.
- Spoon about 1/4 tsp jam into center of each cookie.
- Bake 8 mins or until edges turn golden brown. do not overbake..
- Let cool slightly before removing from cookie sheet, enjoy!.
Cookie dough balls are coated in walnuts then topped with raspberry jam. An old fashioned cookie but a classic and incredibly delicious! Did you eat enough cookies before Christmas? It's hard to think about a spread of Christmas cookies without jam-filled thumbprint cookies. I have been making these Thumbprint Cookies since college, and they never get old!