Easiest Way to Make Perfect Gingerbread Cake
You can cook Gingerbread Cake using 26 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Gingerbread Cake
- It's of Cake:.
- It's of Unsalted Butter, For Greasing.
- You need 227 g of Unbleached All Purpose Flour,.
- You need 1 1/4 TSP of Baking Soda,.
- You need 2 TSP of Ground Ginger,.
- It's 1 TSP of Cinnamon Powder,.
- Prepare 1 TSP of All Spice Powder,.
- You need 1/2 TSP of Nutmeg Freshly Grated,.
- You need of Lemon Glaze:.
- Prepare 1/4 TSP of Ground Cloves,.
- You need of Fresh Lemon Zest, 1 Lemon.
- You need of Chinese 5 Spice, 1/4 TSP.
- Prepare 42 g of Icing Sugar,.
- Prepare 1 of Egg Light Beaten,.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Muscovado Sugar,.
- It's 1/2 Cup of Blackstrap Molasses,.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Canola / Peanut / Vegetable Oil,.
- You need 1 Cup of Icing Sugar,.
- It's 1/4 Cup of Fresh Lemon Juice,.
- Prepare of Espresso Tuile (Optional):.
- You need 1 TBSP of Espresso Warm,.
- It's 1 TBSP of Warm Water,.
- Prepare 21 g of Unsalted Butter Melted,.
- It's 23 g of Unbleached All Purpose Flour,.
- It's of To Serve (Optional):.
- You need of High Quality Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, For Serving.
Gingerbread Cake step by step
- Prepare the cake. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius or 350 fahrenheit. Grease cake pan with butter. Lightly dust some flour onto the cake pan. Set aside..
- In a large bowl, add flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, all spice, nutmeg, cloves and Chinese 5 spice. Stir to combine well. Add in egg and sugar. Stir to combine well and until the egg has fully incorporated..
- Add in molasses and oil. Fold to combine well. Transfer into the cake pan. Give it a few taps on the counter to knock out some air bubbles..
- Wack into the oven and bake for about 35 mins or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the cake. Remove from oven and set aside. While the cake is baking, prepare the lemon glaze..
- In a sauce pot over medium low heat, add sugar, lemon juice and zest. Stir to combine well and until the sugar has fully dissolved. As soon as bubbles start to form along the edge, remove from heat. Once cake is out of the oven, pour the lemon glaze onto the cake..
- Using an offset spatula to spread the glaze out evenly. Set aside for the cake to cool down completely before unmolding and slicing. The following steps are optional. Prepare tuile..
- In a bowl, add sugar, espresso, water and butter. *The butter has to be just melted thru and is still hot. It is best to add a little extra butter for melting to ensure you have the exact or more than the amount required. As some weight loss will occur due to evaporation.*.
- Stir to combine well and until the sugar has fully dissolved. Sieve in flour in batches and mix to combine well. *Make sure no lumps.*.
- Cover with cling film and set aside in the fridge for about 30 to 45 mins or until the mixture is slightly hardened. In a skillet over medium heat, add 1 TBSP of the mixture. Using the back of a spoon, light press and swirl the mixture into a circle..
- You should see that it starts to bubble away and the edges start to brown. Continue cooking until the liquid has almost evaporate. Remove the skillet from heat and rub against a damp kitchen towel. Carefully, using an offset spatula to remove the tuile..
- Immediately place the tuile onto a rolling pin to form a cup shape. Repeat the process for the remaining tuile. To serve. Scoop ice cream into a serving slice of the gingerbread cake. Place the tuile over the top. Serve immediately..