Easiest Way to Make Healthy Christmas fruit cake
Christmas fruit cake. This fruit cake is a simpler and easier version of making a traditional fruit cake or old-fashioned fruit cake. Hope you will make this fruit cake for this christmas. It's a shame that fruitcake as a species gets such a bad rap.
These twists on the Christmas classic will. See more ideas about fruit cake christmas, fruitcake recipes, fruit cake. Moist Christmas Fruit Cake - super flavorful fruit cake recipe that is moist and sure to please this holiday season, get the recipe. You can cook Christmas fruit cake using 23 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Christmas fruit cake
- You need of Ingredients to soak:.
- Prepare 100 gm of raisins.
- It's 150 gm of chopped dates.
- You need 150 gm of chopped mixed berries.
- It's 100 gm of chopped crystallized ginger.
- You need 150 gm of tutti frutti.
- You need 25 gm of dried sultana’s.
- You need 180-200 ml of fruit juice or alcohol of your choice.
- Prepare of Ingredients for Cake:.
- You need 275 gm of All Purpose flour.
- Prepare 275 gm of Softened salted butter.
- You need 275 gm of Granulated brown sugar.
- You need 75 gm of Almond powder.
- It's 40 gm of Chopped Pistachios.
- You need 40 gm of Chopped Cashew nut.
- It's 5 of Eggs.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of Nutmeg.
- Prepare of Cinnamon 1 small stick.
- Prepare Cloves of 7-8.
- You need 7-8 of Black pepper corn.
- It's of Soaked dried fruits.
- Prepare of Zest of orange or fresh orange pulp.
- Prepare Loaf of tin 9X4 inch with the capacity of 1.5 liters.
The fruits get soaked in the hot water and turn soft. How to make eggless christmas fruit cake. A classic Christmas fruit cake, the English style is indeed a nice kind of cake to have for the holidays. If it wasn't this huge drawback of having to make it so much in advance and then think about wrapping.
Christmas fruit cake instructions
- Take a glass jar and soak all chopped dried fruits in alcohol or fruit juice. I have used apple juice here, you can use orange juice, cranberry juice or grape juice. If using alcohol, preferred is rum or you can also use brandy, whisky or vodka.Ensure dried fruits are chopped well (approx. ½ cm in size). This is important for even cake. Do take a good shake after you pour juice or alcohol in the dried fruits & let them soak for at least 1 week or 2 day..
- First of all prepare loaf tin. Grease tin with butter and line with parchment paper. Line outer side of the tin with aluminum foil strap to restrict too much heat. Ground dried spices (nutmeg/cinnamon/black pepper & cloves) into the fine powder. Now take a big bowl and start whisking softened butter using hand whisk till smooth and fluffy (avoid electric beater). Mix brown sugar and whisk again till everything is mixed well..
- Start adding eggs one at a time and whisk. After adding all eggs, incorporate orange pulp, almond powder and powdered spices using spatula. Do not use whisk here. Now it’s time to sieve all-purpose flour in the cake batter and fold using spatula..
- After folding flour, now its time to add soaked dried fruits, chopped pistachios and cashew nuts in the batter. Do strain soaked fruits once but do not throw away this juice as we will use it to feed our cake later..
- Batter is ready to go in the lined loaf tin. With the help of serving spoon, fill the load tin with batter, push to the corner and level it properly. Preheat your oven on 150 degree Celsius and bake the cake for approx. 3 & ½ hours on 150 degree Celsius. In my oven it took me 4 hours 15 minutes to bake my cake to the perfection. Do ensure to check your cake after 3 hours every 15 min by inserting skewer or knife to check if it is done or not..
- Once cake is completely cool, demold carefully, poke hole using a skewer and feed your cake using remaining juice of the soaked dried fruits. And keep on feeding the cake one or twice a day using alcohol or fruits juice. This helps cake remain moist and gives beautiful deep flavor to the cake. Cover your cake with aluminum foil and parchment paper and keep it in the room temperature. Do not keep this cake in the refrigerator. Shelf life of this cake is more than a month.Enjoy this lovely cake :).
- Cover your cake with aluminum foil and parchment paper and keep it in the room temperature. Do not keep this cake in the refrigerator. Shelf life of this cake is more than a month.Enjoy this lovely cake :).
Similar Recipe Chocolate Plum Cake Eggless Fruit Cake Microwave Fruit Cake. hi Aarthi how r u and ur kutti darling… i have one doubt i wanna try ur Christmas Fruit Cake Recipe but my doubt is. A Christmas fruit cake is of course all about the fruit, the flour and butter only help to bind the fruits and nuts and hold them into a shape. Select the best quality available, with a mix of fruit of different. Vegan Christmas cake - a rich, moist and boozy vegan fruit cake that is perfect for the festive Fruit cake is a bit of a divisive one; I know that a lot of people aren't keen on it, but I absolutely love it and. Fruit cake with step by step photos.