Easiest Way to Cook Perfect Roscón de Reyes (Three Kings Cake)
Roscón de Reyes (Three Kings Cake).
You can have Roscón de Reyes (Three Kings Cake) using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Roscón de Reyes (Three Kings Cake)
- It's 400 g of flour.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- It's 100 g of butter.
- You need 100 g of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 liter of milk (250 ml).
- Prepare of zest of 1 lemon.
- It's of dried mixed peel for decorating.
- Prepare of salt.
- It's of Small trinkets and a broad bean/fava bean.
Roscón de Reyes (Three Kings Cake) instructions
- Mix the baking powder in a glass with 4 Tbsp of the milk then add this to 100 g of the flour and mix together until it forms a dough type mixture. Cover with a clean tea towel and set aside until it doubles in size..
- Place the rest of the flour (300g) in a bowl and add the eggs, sugar, pinch of salt, the rest of the milk and zest of the lemon. Mix well then add the butter and continue mixing for a further 2 mins then add the dough mixture. Once a smooth dough has been achieved cover and set aside for 2 hours..
- After 2 hours knead the mixture a little before placing it on a greased baking tray in the form of a ring. Put some little figures wrapped up in foil inside the mixture and also a broad bean..
- Brush with milk, decorate using the mixed peel, lightly sprinkle with sugar and place in a pre-heated oven (160°C/320°F) for 15 - 20 minutes..