Brandied Butter Wreath Cookies * christmas *.
You can have Brandied Butter Wreath Cookies * christmas * using 6 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Brandied Butter Wreath Cookies * christmas *
- You need 1 cup of soft butter or margarine.
- It's 2 cup of flour.
- You need 2/3 cup of powdered sugar, sifted.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of brandy (any flavor u would like).
- Prepare 1 of flour as needed (see direction #2).
- You need 1 of various xmas sprinkles, see direction #14.
Brandied Butter Wreath Cookies * christmas * instructions
- mix all ingredients together to form a workable dough..
- if to wet add flour as needed until it stretches easily and molds well..
- refridgerate dough for an hour..
- preheat oven to 350.
- this will not stick to your countertop or hands as it is greasy. so no additional flour is needed on surface in order to roll this out..
- grab a small ball of dough and gently with 2 hands roll the dough into long thin logs about the size of a #2 pencil in width and 12 inches long..
- cut the 12 inch long in half..
- pinch together one side..
- twist the rolls around each other..
- shape the twist into a circle and pinch all ends together. this form your wreath...
- place onto parchment lined cookie sheet or spray with baking spray..
- repeat until u have no dough left..
- for the decorations....
- u can use any xmas type sprinkles, green & red sugar crystals, red dots, green sprinkles, red sprinkles, nonparalels, small shapes.. this section u will see all the different designs I made with the sprinkles. click on pic to see directions for that design..
- once they are all decorated place baking shhet full of decorated cookies onto middle/upper oven rack and bake for 10 min. or until bottoms of cookies are golden and cookies have "firmed up".
- cool on wire rack..
- serve! :).
- just to let u know.. these cookies are time consuming because of the rolling, twisting and decorating. but they are so cute and so pretty and really decorate up a table so it well worth it.. oh and the flavor.. is awesome!.