Recipe: Yummy Marble Chiffon Cupcake
Marble Chiffon Cupcake.
You can cook Marble Chiffon Cupcake using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Marble Chiffon Cupcake
- It's 3 of egg yolks.
- Prepare 25 g (2 tbsp) of granulated sugar (for egg yolks).
- It's 30 ml (2 tbsp) of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 45 ml (3 tbsp) of milk.
- You need 56 g (1/2 cup) of cake flour/low protein flour, sifted.
- You need 6 g (1 tbsp) of unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted.
- You need 3 of egg whites.
- It's 25 g (2 tbsp) of granulated sugar (for egg whites).
- You need 1/8 tsp of cream of tartar or 1/2 tsp lemon juice (optional).
Marble Chiffon Cupcake instructions
- In a medium bowl, beat egg yolks and sugar until creamy and lightened in color..
- Add milk, oil, and flour. Mix until combined..
- Separate half of the batter into another medium bowl. Add cocoa powder to one of them and mix until combined..
- Beat egg white in a clean medium bowl until frothy. Add cream of tartar or lemon juice if using (optional). Either one of these acidic ingredients will help stabilize the beaten egg white..
- Gradually add sugar as you mix. Beat until stiff peak..
- Add 1/4 of beaten egg white/meringue into the non-chocolate batter. Mix thoroughly with a whisk or silicone spatula..
- Add another 1/4 of meringue and now we want to slowly mix without deflating the batter. Overmixing and vigorous mixing can result in a non-fluffy dense cake. So fold the batter with care until most of the egg white is no longer visible..
- Add 1/4 of the meringue into the chocolate batter. Mix thoroughly. Then add the rest of the meringue and slowly mix again just until combined..
- Line the cupcake tray with paper cups. Then alternately add chocolate and non-chocolate batter into each cup until almost full, leaving about 1 cm from the top..
- Decorate the top with any marble pattern that you like. I add three dots of different color on top. Then use a toothpick to drag through each dot with one continuous round stroke..
- Bake in a preheated oven at 340°F or 170°C for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean..