Easiest Way to Prepare Tasty Basbousa(semolina cake)
Basbousa(semolina cake). Basbousa is a traditional Egyptian - middle eastern sweet cake. Basically Basbousa (also known as revani or harissa) cake is a semolina cake with coconut. This traditional Middle Eastern dessert comes together in just one Basbousa (Semolina Cake).
Basbousa Aka Harissa (Coconut Yogurt Semolina Cake). Mix the semolina, coconut, sugar, baking soda, and the butter in a large bowl. Use your hands to incorporate the butter with the other. You can have Basbousa(semolina cake) using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Basbousa(semolina cake)
- Prepare of Syrup.
- It's 2 1/4 cups of sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of water.
- Prepare of Juice from 1 lemon (or 2 tablespoon orange juice).
- It's 1 tablespoon of honey.
- It's of Cake.
- It's 2 cups of semolina.
- It's 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 stick of butter, softened.
- It's 1 cup of whole milk.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It's 1 tablespoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of baking soda.
- It's 2 of eggs.
- You need of Blanched split almonds.
This Egyptian recipe for sweet semolina cake is incredibly easy to make. It's topped with a delicious rosewater and lemon syrup. Basbousa is a pastry popular in Middle Eastern countries that's easy to make and tastes great ⭐. In a separate bowl, combine semolina, baking powder, and baking soda.
Basbousa(semolina cake) step by step
- Prepare syrup first. Dissolve sugar in water in a medium saucepan. Add lemon juice and bring to boil. Once the syrup begins to boil, add in honey. Reduce heat and allow to slowly boil for about 8-10 min. Remove from heat and set aside..
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease and flour a 9x12 baking dish..
- Cream together butter and sugar in a mixing bowl. Add eggs and vanilla..
- In separate bowl, combine semolina, baking powder and baking soda. Slowly add to butter and egg mixture. Stir in milk.
- Pour mixture into baking dish and smooth with spoon. Take a butter knife and make diamond shapes. Place an almond in the center of each diamond..
- Bake for 25 min. Remove cake from oven and pour syrup over cake until no more can be absorbed. Allow to cool.
Basbousa are small cakes that are covered with syrup. The are perfect with coffee or tea. How to Make Basbousa - Semolina Cakes With Syrup. Basbousa cake is a dessert from the Middle East that is made primarily from a semolina mixture. It is popular throughout Middle Eastern countries as well as North Africa, Iran, Greece and Turkey.