Recipes: Yummy Brown Betty
You can have Brown Betty using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Brown Betty
- It's 4 lb of apples, I used granny smith.
- You need 2/3 cup of light brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- You need 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 10 tbsp of butter, salted or unsalted, divided use.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/8 tsp of salt.
- You need 4 cup of bread cubes,I used cinnamon raisin bread.
- You need 8 tbsp of apple cider, or unsweetened apple juice.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sparkle sugar or granulated sugar.
- You need of GARNISH.
- It's of Vanilla ice cream and/or whipped cream.
Brown Betty step by step
- Butter 8 10 inch ramekins. Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Peel and core apples and cut intocubes.
- Toss apples with lemon and brown sugar.
- Melt 4 tablespoons of the butter in a skillt, add sugared apples and cook on medium high heat until tender but still holding their shape, about 10 minutes.
- Add flour, salt and cinnamon, stir well and remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Combine bread cubes with remaining 6 tablespoons with the remaining tablespoons butter, melt the butter first.
- Line each ramekin bottom and sides with a single layer of buttered crumbs.
- Fill each ramekin with apple mixture.
- Top with a layer of buttered crumbs, press down to pack in then divide cider evenly over tops of ramekins and then sprinkle top with sparkle sugar.
- Place ramekins on foil lined pan and bake until bubbling and top is golden and crisp, about 45 to 55 minutes.
- Serve hot with vanilla ice crea and/or whippedcream. This can also be made in a 1 1 1/2 quart baking dish just increase the cooking time by about 20 minutes.