Custard Fruit trifle.
You can cook Custard Fruit trifle using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Custard Fruit trifle
- Prepare of For the custard :.
- You need 1/2 litre of milk.
- Prepare 2 tbsps of vanilla custard powder.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare of Fruits :.
- It's 1/2 cup of pomegranate pearls.
- It's 1/2 cup of chopped apple peices.
- You need 1/2 cup of black grapes.
- You need 1/2 cup of green grapes.
- It's 1/2 cup of mixed nuts (broken cashews and almonds).
- It's 1 tsp of ghee.
- Prepare 10 pieces of chocolate walnut cake (any sponge cake).
- Prepare of Simple syrup:.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- It's 3 tbsps of sugar.
Custard Fruit trifle step by step
- Remove 2 tbsp milk in a cup and mix the custard powder and keep aside. Heat the remaining milk with sugar. As it boils add the custard mixture and stir on medium flame to thicken. Switch of flame and Keep aside..
- Heat ghee and roast the nuts..
- Start with the assembling. Keep the glasses ready. Cut grapes into half. Cut the apples into small equal chunks..
- Make the simple syrup by dissolving the sugar in water. You can warm and do it too..
- Keep the cake pieces ready (I had a homemade chocolate walnut sponge cake ready,so I used it) can use any homemade or purchased sponge cake of any flavour.
- First Crumble a piece of cake sponge between your fingers and start adding to each glass. Next add little simple syrup over it to soak it..
- Next goes a layer of apple pieces,then both the coloured grapes, and then the pomegranate pearls.
- Whisk the custard with a whisk.Start pouring with a laddle i each glass. It will look even like this.
- Gradually the custard will flow downwards through the fruits..
- Now chill it in the refrigerator for atleast 1/2 an hour. Drizzle the roasted nuts just before serving else you will loose the crunch..