Recipe: Delicious Lemon Pound Cake
Lemon Pound Cake.
You can have Lemon Pound Cake using 20 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lemon Pound Cake
- It's 1 3/4 c of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 1/4 c of sugar.
- It's 2 sticks of butter, softened.
- Prepare 5 of eggs.
- It's 1/3 c of sour cream.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of Zest from 3 lemons.
- You need 3 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It's 1/2 tsp of lemon extract.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla.
- It's of *3/4 cup of blueberries or 3tbsp poppyseeds-optional**.
- You need of Lemon Simple Syrup.
- You need 1/4 c of sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 c of fresh lemon juice.
- You need of Vanilla Glaze.
- Prepare 1/2 c of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vanilla or vanilla bean.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
Lemon Pound Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 325 and lightly grease a 9x5 loaf pan with butter. Dust pan light with flour and set aside..
- In a bowl beat butter, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla for 3 minutes until light and fluffy. Add sour cream until incorporated. Add eggs one at a time, mixing to combine after each addition..
- In another bowl whisk together flour, Baking powder and salt. Gradually add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. (Fold in blueberries or poppyseeds-optional). Toss blueberries lightly in flour before adding to batter..
- Bake 325 for 1 hour or until top is golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cook for 20 mins. I’m a sauce pan, combine lemon juice and sugar. Once sugar has dissolved, allow to gently simmer for 2 minutes and remove from heat. Using a toothpick, poke cake lightly with holes all around cake. Brush syrup around top and sides of cake. Allow to cool for an hour before icing cake..
- Whisk together powder sugar vanilla bean, milk and salt. Slowly pour over cake and allow to sit 20 minutes to harden before serving..