Jamaican Christmas Cake.
You can have Jamaican Christmas Cake using 25 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Jamaican Christmas Cake
- You need 1 1/4 cup of Jamaican white over proof rum.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of port wine or red label wine.
- It's 1/2 cup of raisins.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of currants.
- It's 1/2 cup of dates.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of dried prunes.
- You need 1/2 cup of maraschino cherries.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped almonds.
- You need 1 cup of orange juice.
- You need 1 of grated zest from one lime.
- You need 1 cup of dark molasses.
- Prepare 2 tbs of browning.
- It's 1 tbs of lime juice.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 tsp of almond extract.
- It's 9 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 cups of butter.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of flour.
- It's 2 cups of brown sugar.
- It's 3 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground all spice.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground clove.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need Pinch of salt.
Jamaican Christmas Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degree then grease and flour 2 round baking pans or which size pan u choose..
- In a blender add rum, wine, dates, raisins,cherries with their liquid, prunes, currants, chopped almond, orange juice and blend until all the fruits are chopped. Let sit for 1hr (2days is way better 😀).
- In a large bowl cream sugar and butter. Then add eggs mix well.
- Add molasses, browning, blended fruit mixture, lime juice, vanilla, almond extract and stir.
- Add flour, nutmeg, cloves, all spice, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, lime zest and stir. Do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into your baking pans and bake for 1hr. You can put some cherries in the center of the batter if you wish. Stick a toothpick in the middle to ensure it's done. Tooth pick will come out clean if it's done. Enjoy!.