Easiest Way to Prepare Perfect Xmas Chocolate Fruit Cake Pt. 2
Xmas Chocolate Fruit Cake Pt. 2.
You can cook Xmas Chocolate Fruit Cake Pt. 2 using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Xmas Chocolate Fruit Cake Pt. 2
- Prepare of Spices:.
- You need 1/2 Inch of Cinnamon,.
- You need 6 of Cloves,.
- You need 12 of Allspice Berries,.
- It's Pinch of Nutmeg Freshly Grated,.
- Prepare of Cake:.
- It's 150 g of Unsalted Butter,.
- Prepare 38 g of Dark Muscovado Sugar,.
- It's 75 g of Demerara Sugar,.
- You need 50 g of Ghee,.
- It's 2 of Eggs,.
- Prepare 85 g of Unbleached All Purpose Flour,.
- You need 28 g of Dark Rye Flour,.
- Prepare 60 g of High Quality Cocoa Powder Preferably Valrhona or Callebaut,.
- You need of Fresh Lemon Zest, 1/2 Lemon.
- You need of Fresh Lemon Juice, 1/2 Lemon.
- It's of Cointreau / Grand Marnier / Dark Rum, 38g + More For Feeding & Flambeé.
- You need 57 g of Walnuts Corasely Chopped,.
- It's 57 g of Pistachios Corasely Chopped,.
Xmas Chocolate Fruit Cake Pt. 2 step by step
- Preparing the spice. Blitz cinnamon, cloves and allspice berries in a spice grinder until powder forms. Transfer into a small bowl. Grate in the nutmeg. Mix until well combined. Set aside..
- Prepare the cake. Preheat oven to 150 degree celsius or 300 fahrenheit. Lightly grease loaf pan or cake pan with butter. Lined with parchment paper on the bottom as well as the sides. Run aluminium foil around the pan, cut and fold to create like a ring. Tie the aluminium foil with a thread. *This is to prevent the cake from rising unevenly. Make sure the reflective side is facing towards out.*.
- Melt 75g of butter in a skillet. Once the butter has melted and starts to "sing", keep a close eye on it, as it can go from browned to burn very fast. Once the "singing" has subsided, transfer into a coffee filter over a sieve and bowl. Set aside to cool down slightly. *Weigh the browned butter, if it is under 75g, add any neutral oil to compensate.*.
- Cream the remaining 75g of butter in a large bowl with a hand or stand mixer. Cream until it is like mayo consistency. Add in the sugar. Continue creaming until everything is well combined, light and fluffy. Add in the ghee, eggs and the browned butter. Mix until well combined..
- Add in the freshly ground spices. Mix until well combined. Sieve and fold in the 2 flour in 1/3 portions at a time. Sieve and fold in the cocoa powder in 1/3 portions at a time. Once everything has incorporated, add in lemon zest and juice. Add in the soaked fruits mix and Cointreau. Fold until well combined. Add in the nuts. Fold until well combined..
- Transfer into the prepared cake or loaf pan. Wack into the oven and bake for 2hrs to 2.5 hrs or until it passes the skewer test. Check frequently after the 1.5 hr mark. Remove from oven and set aside to cool completely. Once cooled, unmold onto a shallow bowl. Add about 3 TBSP of Cointreau into a sauce pot. Using a blow torch, light up the Cointreau. *Be very careful when doing this.*.
- Pour the flambé liqueur over the cake. Once the flame has seized, set aside to cool down completely. Once cooled, wrap with parchment paper or cling film. Wrap another layer of aluminium foil. Keep it in a cool and dry place. You can feed the cake with 1 TBSP of liqueur once every week for as long as you desire. I fed mine for only 2 weeks. Slice and enjoy..