You can have Christmas Cake using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Christmas Cake
- It's 4 of Eggs :.
- Prepare 3 cups of Flour :.
- You need 200 g of Unsalted Butter :.
- You need 2 cups of Caster Sugar :.
- It's 1 tbsp of Vanilla Essence :.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Cinnamon Ground :.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Nutmeg Ground :.
- Prepare 2 tsps of Baking Powder :.
- Prepare 1 cup of Milk :.
- You need 1 cup of Store bought fruit mince :.
- Prepare of Icing :.
- It's 1 cup of Unsalted Butter :.
- You need 4 cups of Icing Sugar :.
- You need 1/4 cup of Milk :.
- You need of Red food coloring.
- You need 180 C of Preheat your oven to.
Christmas Cake instructions
- Begin by beating the butter until its creamy. Add sugar and continue beating it well. Next add the eggs one at a time, beating for about a minute between each addition. Finally add the vanilla essence and beat until everything is well combined.
- Next comes the dry ingredients, sift the flour, spices and baking powder and slowly start adding it to the wet mixture with the milk and mix well until combined. Finally add the fruit mince and mix it all up.
- Bake the cake until is done and your cake tester comes out clean.
- While the cake cools, make your icing. Cream the butter until pale, then add the milk and the icing sugar. Add enough food colour until you get the shade you like. The mixture should be spreadable, if its too dry add some milk, if its too wet add some more icing sugar.
- I bought some cutsy Santas to go on the cake, so added that to make it look pretty, and dusted it with some icing sugar.
- Merry Christmas!.
- Store in an air tight container if there are any left overs.
- P.S: The icing looks rather bright in the picture... it didn't turn out so red if you are wondering... didn't change the camera settings! :).