MINT CHOCOLATE NANAIMO BARS. NUT & DYE FREE. My new favorite way to enjoy them! Nanaimo bars are one Christmas treat that. In this episode I'll show you how to make my Chocolate Mint Nanaimo Bars.
While perfect for the Christmas freezer at this time of year, a Nanaimo. BASE: In medium saucepan over low heat (or in large bowl in microwave) melt mint chocolate chips and butter. Stir in graham wafer crumbs, coconut and nuts. You can have MINT CHOCOLATE NANAIMO BARS. NUT & DYE FREE using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of MINT CHOCOLATE NANAIMO BARS. NUT & DYE FREE
- Prepare of BASE:.
- Prepare 1 cup of CHIPITS Mint Chocolate Chips.
- You need 1/2 cup of Butter Softened.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of Graham Wafer Crumbs.
- You need 1 cup of Flaked Coconut.
- You need 1/2 cup of Finely Chopped Walnuts (THIS IS OPTIONAL. I DON'T ADD CAUSE OF ALLERGY TO NUTS).
- It's of FILLING:.
- It's 2 cup of Icing Sugar.
- It's 1/4 cup of Softened Butter.
- It's 3 tbsp of Milk.
- It's 2 tbsp of Custard Powder.
- It's 1 tsp of Mint Extract.
- Prepare 1 of Several Drops Of Green Food Coloring (THIS IS OPTIONAL. I DON'T ADD CAUSE OF ALLERGY).
- You need of GLAZE:.
- It's 3/4 cup of CHIPITS Mint Chocolate Chips.
- It's 2 tsp of Vegetable Oil (I use canola or olive oil).
These squares are delicious any time of the year and best of all, they are no bake recipe. making this an easy nan! These Nanaimo bars have a great twist combining chocolate and mint! My new favorite way to enjoy them! Nanaimo bars are one Christmas treat that.
MINT CHOCOLATE NANAIMO BARS. NUT & DYE FREE instructions
- BASE: Melt 1 cup mint chocolate chips with 1/2 cup butter in a saucepan over low heat. Stir in graham wafer crumbs & coconut. (You can add finely chopped walnuts if you want). Press evenly into 9-inch square pan. Chill for 30 minutes..
- FILLING: Blend Icing sugar with 1/4 cup softened butter, milk, custard powder & mint extract. (You can add several drops of green food coloring if you want).
- GLAZE: Melt remainder of mint chocolate chips with oil in a bowl set over simmering water. Spread evenly over filling. Chill until completely set. Makes 20 Bars (Suggested serving).
The Nanaimo bar, unofficial national cookie of Canada, gets mint flavoring in this easy version. Nanaimo Bars - a deliciously tempting treat made with decadent chocolate, honey sweetened graham crackers, crunchy nuts, rich butter and custard powder. They are a popular Canadian confection, basically a layered bar cookie, that to me tastes very similar to a richly chocolaty, loaded fudge. This chocolatey Mint Nanaimo Bar recipe is to die for! It's a no bake sweet treat that combines different yummy flavors and textures.