Rum and fruits Christmas Cake.
You can have Rum and fruits Christmas Cake using 10 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rum and fruits Christmas Cake
- You need 1/2 Cup of Dry fruits nuts and (increase qty as per taste).
- It's 180 Millilitres of Rum.
- Prepare 125 Grams of Sugar.
- Prepare 100 Grams of Maida All purpose flour /.
- It's 1/4 Cup of Maida (for tossing fruits).
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of vegetable oil Neutral tasting.
- It's 1.5 Teaspoons of vanilla essence.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs.
- You need 1 Teaspoon of Baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of water.
Rum and fruits Christmas Cake step by step
- Chop the fruits and nuts into small pieces and soak in rum for at least 15 days (mine was in for 2.5 months. also have used more quantity than 1/2 cup of nuts. Makes yours to your taste).
- Caramelize the sugar. Add the water and leave to cool.
- Separate egg yolk and white and beat the white to form soft peaks and set aside. (not stiff peaks, from my experience the cakes rises with a hollow cavity on the top since the fruits in the cake make the batter heavier when beaten to stiff).
- Combine the yolks, essence and oil.
- Add half the qty of flour and combine..
- Add the caramelized sugar and combine well. Add the remaining flour and combine.
- Strain the fruits and reserve the rum.
- Toss the fruits in 1/4 cup of maida so that the fruits have a thing coating on it. This prevents the fruits from sinking.
- Add one or two tbsp of rum from the reserved rum to the cake batter with baking powder and mix..
- Now fold in the fruits with the cake batter. Once done fold in the egg-whits to this batter.
- Prepare a greased, dusted and lined cake pan. Pour the batter into the cake pan (this makes a 7 to 9 inch cake). Set this into a dry pressure cooker on top of a small stand so that the base of the pan is not in contact with the base of the pressure cooker. Close without the whistle.
- Bake on high flame for first 2 min, medium for next 5 min and on low for around 30-35 min. Cake is done When a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Leave the cake to cool and drizzle the remaining rum on top of it.