gingerbread cookie. This classic cut-out gingerbread cookie recipe is easy to make, perfect for decorating, and always so delicious. Gingerbread cookie recipes all start the same and mine comes from my mom. To her recipe, I add a little more molasses and increase the amount of spice favors.
The holidays can't happen without a little ginger and. Gingerbread Cookies are the essence of the holidays and are deeply flavored with spices and molasses. Decorate with royal icing and enjoy them for dessert or on your Christmas tree! You can cook gingerbread cookie using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of gingerbread cookie
- Prepare 4 cup of ap flour.
- You need 3/4 cup of jaggery, palm brown sugar.
- It's 3/4 cup of molasses.
- It's 2 tsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- It's 1/2 tsp of ground cloves.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of allspice.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract.
- You need 1 of extra-large egg beaten.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of demerara sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of butter melted.
At the holidays, gingerbread cookies are a dessert staple. These crispy cookies are full of delicious spices that give them a distinctive flavor. While there is quite a bit of prep work involved in making. Turn gingerbread cookies into cookie cups, cookie bars, crinkle cookies, and so much more.
gingerbread cookie instructions
- melt butter add molasses and jaggery wait till jaggery is desolved I crushed the jaggery to make this easier.
- let cool whisk in beaten egg.
- mix flour baking soda and baking powder very well add molasses mixture mix very well make into two ball put into fridge for 1 hour.
- preheat oven 350°F Fahrenheit.
- roll out dough thickness you desire the thicker it is the softer it is the thinner the more crispy. cut the cookies how you like the other half of dough roll put into a 8x12 inch baking pan cover bottom of pan bake same time in top of oven.
- bake for 8-12 minutes.
- sprinkle demerara sugar on top of cookies.
Before the season's over, try our favorite Christmas cookie recipes and easy gingerbread desserts too. This recipe for basic gingerbread cookies is very easy and quick because the dough doesn't need to sit in the refrigerator. If you're adding any candies, place these on while the frosting is still wet. This is my very favorite gingerbread cookie recipe. The dough is so firm and nice to work with and is so wonderful smelling that it is almost like a stress reliever.