Christmas Fruit Cake.
You can cook Christmas Fruit Cake using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Christmas Fruit Cake
- Prepare 2 Cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 Teaspoons of baking powder.
- You need 1 Teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need 11/2 Cups of unsalted butter , room temperature.
- You need 11/2 Cups of castor sugar.
- Prepare 4 of eggs Temperaturelarge , room temperature.
- Prepare 2 Teaspoons of vanilla essence Pureepure.
- You need 3 Teaspoons of candied fruits.
Christmas Fruit Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C and place a rack in center of oven. Butter loaf pan or line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and salt & sift together twice.
- In a seperate bowl with a hand mixer, beat the butter until creamy and smooth, add the sugar gradually, beating continuously on medium-high speed until light and fluffy (this takes about 5 minutes). Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed..
- The batter should now be light in colour and fluffy in texture. Then add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed..
- The batter will look curdled but don't panic as the batter will come together again after you add the flour mixture..
- Add the vanilla, candied fruits & the flour mixture and mix. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top..
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until the cake is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove the cake from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool for about 10 minutes..