Traditional Gingerbread Men Cookies.
You can cook Traditional Gingerbread Men Cookies using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Traditional Gingerbread Men Cookies
- Prepare 3 cups of flour.
- You need 2 tsp of ground ginger.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It's 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 of \4 tsp ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 of \4 tsp salt.
- Prepare 3 of \4 cup melted unsalted butter.
- You need 3 of \4 cup brown sugar.
- You need 1 of \2 cup molasses.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
Traditional Gingerbread Men Cookies step by step
- Mix flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt in a large bowl..
- Beat butter and brown sugar in large bowl. I find an electric mixer makes this part easier. Mix until it is light and fluffy..
- Add molasses and egg. Beat well..
- Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed (electric mixer) until well mixed..
- Press dough into a thick, flat disc. Wrap in wax paper. Place in refrigerator overnight. I find rolling out the dough before chilling makes it easier on you the next day..
- Next day: Preheat oven to 350..
- Roll dough into 1\4 inch thick on floured wax paper. Cut out gingerbread men with a cookie cutter..
- Place gingerbread men on greased cookie sheet and bake in oven for 8-10minutes. Look for the edges of the cookies to just start to turn brown. Then, you know they are done..
- Let cookies cool for about 5 minutes. Then, decorate as desired with icing, gumdrops, candy, etc..