Snowball Cookies. Snowball cookies are an unusual combination of ground pecans, lots of butter, flour and a bit of sugar. The cookies themselves are not that sweet but are extremely rich from the butter and the nutty pecans. These Snowball Cookies are a perfect easy dessert for the holidays!
Also known as Russian Tea Cakes. Snowball Cookies - soft and tender, buttery nutty cookie rolled in a blizzard of perfectly white powdered sugar. Snowball cookies from Delish.com are one way to guarantee a white Christmas. You can cook Snowball Cookies using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Snowball Cookies
- You need 1/3 cup of white sugar.
- It's 2 1/4 cups of AP flour.
- It's 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It's 1/2 tsp of almond extract.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- It's 1 pinch of nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of softened butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of walnuts.
- Prepare 1 cup of powdered sugar.
The first thing we will say about these cookies is that you shouldn't eat them while wearing your Sunday best. Snowball cookies are a favorite Christmas cookie recipe, but these pecan-filled cookies are scrumptious all year round. Learn how to make these amazing little snowball cookies!! Delicate cookies jam packed full of pecans and rolled in powdered sugar.
Snowball Cookies instructions
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius. (325 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Pour your walnuts into a ziplock bag and close. Using a rolling pin, tap on the walnuts to break them until they are small pieces..
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine sugar, flour, broken-up walnuts, cinnamon, and nutmeg; stir with a wooden spoon..
- Next, add the vanilla and almond extract, and the softened butter; mix well with a wooden spoon until mixture begins to form a ball of dough. Once it’s at that point, mix by hand..
- Once you have mixed all the flour into the dough, place on your work surface..
- Very lightly spray your cookie trays with non-stick spray..
- Grab a chunk of dough (about the size of a ping pong ball) and roll into a ball with your hands. Place on your cookie tray. Bake for 32-35 minutes..
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. While they are still warm, roll them in powdered sugar..
- Voila! You now have these incredible snowball cookies! Happy holidays!.
These Snowball Cookies are a Christmas classic that can be made with any kind of nut. Snowball Cookies are the epitome of the "melt in your mouth" experience. These festive holiday Snowball Cookies are made with finely chopped walnuts, flour, and vanilla, then rolled into balls and dusted with powdered sugar. A recipe for Snowball Cookies - a shortbread-style round cookie, loaded with nuts and rolled in powdered sugar. The ultimate Christmas cookie, these Snowball Cookies with toasted pecans are a melt-in-your-mouth buttery shortbread coated in powdered sugar.