"Christmas Crack". Saltine crackers coated with caramel and chocolate. This Christmas Crack is the most addicting holiday treat! Buttery saltines are layered with homemade toffee, melted chocolate, and Heath toffee bits.
You are going to want to put this Christmas crack toffee on your MUST MAKE list this year. All you need to make this Christmas Crack is butter, brown sugar, saltine. Chex Christmas Mix (aka Christmas Crack) is a sweet and salty snack made with your fav cereal, pretzels, M&M's and melted white chocolate! You can have "Christmas Crack" using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of "Christmas Crack"
- Prepare 1 of 10X15 cookie sheet.
- You need of Aluminum foil.
- It's 1 of sleeve original saltines.
- It's 3/4 c of brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of (i just site them, I don't measure) chocolate chips.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of (I site measure) butterscotch chips.
- You need 3 of candy canes (I used colored peppermint).
- You need 1 cup of butter.
This is the Ultimate Christmas Crack recipe! Crunchy saltine crackers are topped with a homemade caramel-toffee mixture, baked briefly and then. Christmas crack looks much more involved than it actually is, so everyone was very impressed and You can replace the saltines in regular Christmas crack with graham crackers, but if you do that, why. Christmas Crack Recipe - AKA Saltine Cracker Toffee.
"Christmas Crack" instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line cookie sheet or jelly roll pan with aluminum foil and lightly grease with butter. Cover cookie sheet with saltines..
- Bring brown sugar & butter to a boil. Boil for 4 minutes, stirring the whole time with a whisk..
- Pour over saltines, spread it as evely as possible, use spatula if needed. Place in oven & bake for 5 minutes..
- Shift any moved saltines. Let cool 5 minutes. Sprinkle the chocolate & butterscotch chips over saltines. Let sit 5 minutes to melt. Take a spatula and spread evenly..
- Optional: crush candy canes and sprinkle over the mixture. Allow to cool (10-15min), then place tray into refrigerator to harden..
- Take out tray & "crack" the pieces to put into a container (I recommend keeping in fridge until you are going to serve it, up to you). Enjoy.
This easy and addictive Christmas Crack is a staple treat recipe that should made at least once every year when the holidays roll around. See more ideas about Christmas food, Christmas baking, Christmas crack recipe. · Christmas Crack! Saltine crackers coated with caramel and chocolate. The Christmas Crackers Christmas wafers (crackers): are a customary Christmas most loved in the UK. Pin it to your DESSERTS pinboard!